Dear MCOBA members,
1. As we all know, MCOBA is embarking on an historic milestone in redeveloping our land along Jalan Syed Putra. At the last AGM, we received mandate from the members to proceed with UEM Sunrise as our development partner. Since then, the JPM and the MCOBA Development Committee (MDC) have been working closely with UEM Sunrise to churn out the details of the Development Agreement (DA) and technical issues of the design. Some information were shared with you during the Townhall session last year.
2. Today, we are happy to inform you that both Parties have reached an agreement on the DA. At 9.30am this morning, MCOBA signed the Development Agreement with UEM Sunrise wholly-owned subsidiary and JV partner for this project, Sunrise Innovations Sdn. Bhd. I signed for MCOBA and was witnessed by our Deputy President, Bro. Dzulkifly Zain. YABhg. Tun Mohammed Hanif Omar also graced the signing ceremony.
3. The key terms and mechanism of the DA will be shared with you as we will be seeking your approval in an EGM which will be held at the Penthouse, MCOBA Building on 25 March 2017 at 2pm. We will be sending the notice for the EGM by mail and email, so please update your mailing address and email with the Secretariat.
4. From tomorrow, a copy of the Development Agreement will be made available for inspection at the Secretariat, Penthouse, MCOBA Building.
5. Among the Condition Precedents (CPs) is the approval of MCOBA members in a general meeting to be convened as above. To address any confusion which may arise, it is reiterated that MCOBA’s execution of the DA today DOES NOT make it effective until the CPs, which includes approval by members of MCOBA in the EGM are met.
6. We seek your continued support in this project. Over 40 MCOBs have voluntarily contributed their time and expertise in their respective fields, from land matters, legal, architecture, construction, facilities maintenance, financial models, and many more to bring this project up to this point, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of them for their dedication and selfless commitment. Let us also make do’a for the successful realisation of MCOBA’s aspiration in this endeavour.
7. I would like to thank YABhg. Tun Mohammed Hanif Omar, Tan Sri Dr. Ir. Ahmad Tajuddin Ali, Encik Anwar Syahrin Abdul Ajib and the team in UEM Sunrise Berhad for making today’s event possible, Encik Amin Ramli, Head of the MCOBA Land and Building Sub-Committee for doing a marvellous job in managing the entire process, Encik Ali Karim who led a strict and professional tender evaluation process, and En. Ali Dewal for leading the MCOBA Development Committee at the onset.
8. My deepest gratitude goes to our immediate past president Dato’ Ghazali Mat Ariff for his leadership in initiating this development project and ensuring a smooth transition of this project to the current Management Committee so that MCOBA can continue in a strong path to the future.
9. In the meantime, you may reach out to Amin c98, the Honorary Secretary or myself via email at [email protected] with your questions, concerns or comments. We would appreciate the opportunity to engage with you directly rather than through an open forum.
Thank you and salam.
Tunku Dato’ Ahmad Burhanuddin