A. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
By accessing or using MCOBA.org, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not wish to be bound by this agreement, you may not access or use MCOBA.org.
MCOBA.org may modify this agreement at any time, and such modification shall be effective immediately upon either posting of the modified agreement or notifying you. You agree to review this agreement periodically to ensure that you are aware of any modifications. You also agree that MCOBA.org shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service. Your continued access or use of MCOBA.org shall be deemed your conclusive acceptance of the modified agreement.
The information contained in MCOBA.org is compiled from a variety of sources (“Information Providers”). MCOBA.org services and information are provided “AS-IS” without warranty, express or implied.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Service is done at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. Users of MCOBA.org are responsible for (1) implementing and maintaining adequate procedures and checkpoints to satisfy their particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output and (2) maintaining a means external to MCOBA.org for the reconstruction of any lost data.
By using this Service, you agree not to use the Service to:
- upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive or another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
- upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation except in areas that are designated for such purpose;
- upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service; or
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, national, or international laws.
You are encouraged to use discretion while browsing the Internet on searches initiated at MCOBA.org. MCOBA.org links may lead unintentionally to sites containing information that some people may find inappropriate or offensive. It may also lead to sites that contain inaccurate information, false or misleading advertising, or information that violates copyright, libel or defamation laws.
Since MCOBA.org has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that MCOBA.org is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources.
The entire contents of MCOBA.org are copyrighted as a collective work under the laws of Malaysia and other copyright laws. MCOBA.org holds the copyright in the collective work. The collective work includes works that are the property of the Information Providers that are also protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws.
You may display, subject to any expressly stated restrictions or limitations relating to specific material, and download portions of the material from the different areas of MCOBA.org solely for your own non-commercial use, unless otherwise permitted. Any redistribution retransmission or publication of any copyrighted material is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of the copyright owner. You agree not to change or delete any proprietary notices from materials downloaded from MCOBA.org.
F. LICENSES AND IDEA SUBMISSIONS
You agree to grant to MCOBA.org a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license, with the right to sublicense, to reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, publicly display and publicly perform any materials and other information (including, without limitation, ideas contained therein for new or improved products or services) you submit to public areas of MCOBA.org by all means and in any media now known or hereafter developed. You hereby waive your moral rights in any such materials and information, and you hereby warrant that any such materials and information are original with you, or that you have the right to submit such materials and information. You agree that you shall have no recourse against MCOBA.org for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communication to us.
1. WAIVER, RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER MCOBA.ORG, NOR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, INFORMATION PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY OR INDEMNITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF MCOBA.ORG.
YOU HEREBY RELEASE AND FOREVER WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST MCOBA.ORG, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, INFORMATION PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES YOU SUSTAIN IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF MCOBA.ORG.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FORGOING PARAGRAPH, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF MCOBA.ORG, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, INFORMATION PROVIDERS AND SUPPLIERS, IF ANY, FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES SHALL NOT EXCEED THE FEES PAID BY THE USER FOR THE PARTICULAR INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MCOBA.ORG, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, INFORMATION PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES OTHER THAN THE AMOUNT REFERRED TO ABOVE. ALL OTHER DAMAGES, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE ARISING FROM ANY USE OF THE INFORMATION ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED EVEN IF MCOBA.ORG, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, INFORMATION PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
H. THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
The provisions of paragraph H (Indemnification) and I (Waiver, Release and Limitation of Liability) are for the benefit MCOBA.org and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, and Information Providers. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
K. TRADEMARK INFORMATION
MCOBA.org and the MCOBA.org logo are trademarks of The Malay College Old Boys Association (MCOBA). All other trademarks appearing on the Service are trademarks of their respective owners.
L. GENERAL INFORMATION